13 April 2009

Mexico: Part 7: Chichen Itza andPlaya del Carmen














Made a stop at Chichen Itza before our final destination of Playa del Carmen. Explored the site for about two hours before continuing on. We arrived in Playa at about 9pm, exhausted and hungry.


Food, drink, shop, beach, drink. That pretty much sums of the last few days of my time in Mexico. After two weeks of constant "on the go" it was nice to have a few days to do nothing but relax. Never much of a beach bum I enjoyed soaking up the sun with a few "cool off" moments in the ocean.

Our farewell dinner was followed by a string of card games back at the hotel. We ventured out to The Blue Parrot shortly after midnight and some of us didn't end the evening until about 6-7am!

That morning after a few hours of sleep myself and some others took a bus to Cancun. Some of my travel buddies were moving on and I had to meet up with the new/next group of people. Because of the late night none of us were interested in making it a night out in Cancun. What I did see of Cancun I wasn't all that impressed. Why leave Playa?

The next two days were a mixture of hanging out with the old and new group. Still mostly beach time and I have a nice tan to show off.

No comments:

Post a Comment