18 May 2009

Nicaragua: Granada and Ometepe

We took a boat ride around Lake Nicaragua. After a quick swim we stopped by a large tree that had a few monkeys hanging around. One of the females jumped on the boat, gave the river guide a hug and roamed around for a minute before taking a rest on my lap. She returned to the tree upon hearing one her "kids" crying. 

A few pieces of property were for sale. The land didn't look like much but we were told a lot could be done with such small parcels of land.




The next day I walked around town for a little while, camera in hand.  I felt especially hot in this town and was grateful for a swim in the pool of the sister hotel I was staying in.






The island of Ometepe. Sun, swim, and drink. The next two days were spent relaxing on the island. There was an option to take one of two hikes on the two different volcano trails but with the absence of lava the walk did not sound appealing. Both days, around 3pm, a large swarm of flies appeared. I made sure to duck into my room at that time to avoid the nuisance.



While waiting for our 5:30 am departure I took a few photos of the sunrise. Goodbye Nicaragua, hello Costa Rica!





No comments:

Post a Comment