18 May 2009

Guatemala: Part 1: Tikal and Rio Dulce



Now in Guatemala- another stamp on the well used passport. I spent the day wandering around the town of Flores and relaxing in a hammock at the hotel.



The next morning we made a trip to Tikal. Spent a good six hours touring the site. I think it is the largest city from the Mayan civilization. For you Star Wars buffs this site was featured in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. 

After a long day spent at Tikal we were all starving. I ask you, Is there a  better meal to have than an Angry Whopper from Burger King after exploring an archeological site?




We arrived in Rio Dulce mid afternoon the next day. Relaxing in a pool and drinking rum sounded like a great idea to myself, Becca and Stu. We didn't leave the pool until shortly after midnight!

Early the next morning (5:30) we began the Monkey Sunrise Kayak Trip along the river. We only saw two monkeys but I enjoyed kayaking. First time I took a proper kayak trip. I spent the rest of the day relaxing at the lodge, swimming and reading. Always a good thing to take a break from the constant "on the go".

No comments:

Post a Comment